Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 85

Thread: How did you get to start reading yaoi?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Celstarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heyz Yakitori, you're from Sg too? Cool. I never actually found any shop here that sells yaoi manga. Its.. sad..

    For me, I first stumbled onto a yaoi fic when I was 11. It was between Kurei and Raiha (Flame of Recca) and I truly was appalled at first.

    Then, early this year, someone showed me a yaoi manga. I think it was by Chi-Ran. The one about the four devils, anyone read that yet? ^_^

    Anyway, I was looking thru the pages of the book when suddenly my best friend grabbed it from me and screamed.

    "Di!! How could you be into this?!" I just looked at her weirdly. After all, everyone else had read it.... And it was HER book!~

    And so I was hooked. ^_^

    I have tried telling my dad I like yaoi since I tell him everything in the world. (Me being an only child without a mum.)

    On three occasions I just opened FAKE to a scene of Ryo and Dee kissing and shoved it in his face. He just smiled at me as if it was perfectly normal, and we're Catholic. O_o

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Neko Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2003
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heh. That's a bit amusing, that bit about you shoving FAKE in your dad's face.

    I've actually asked Catholics about gay issues. It seems that their stance that it's alright if it's not praticed. You can be gay, but you can't pratice being gay. @__________________@ That's way too confusing for me.

    Anyhow, on your father thign, I"m guessing he MIGHT be uncomfortable, and he's not sure what to say to that, so he just smiles. *shrug*

  3. #33
    Inactive Member aramaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    o...I'm from indonesia^^ but I'm currently studying in sgp ^^

    ah..there IS one shop here that sells yaoi mangas (in chinese though T.T ) it's in bishan junction 8...the comics world (if I'm not wrong)
    I did find zetsuai and bronze there as well as some you higuri's mangas...gotta check that shop again soon ^^ maybe they have other yaoi mangas xD

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Celstarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, you're right. My dad probably was kind of at a loss for words I guess. It must be hard coming to terms with the fact that I read yaoi. O_o

    Lol yup, that being gay but not practising it is very confusing. Then there's that gay bishop and it all just gets more confuing.

    Ooh J8 sells manga? Thanks, soon I shall drag all my friends there. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member dtortot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I WAS TRICKED! By a CuteLittleKitty and teh rest of the girls from the S-C channel on mIRC.

    They said Midori was great and I was like: "Ohhh OK, I'll get it then..." 1 hour later I was like "MY EYES... MY EYES ARE BRNED FOR EVER!!!!!!! Painful death awaits the S_C girls that decived me into this!"

    And that is the story of how I read my first and only yaoi, so far.


    Cultural Note: dtortot is the man. Not only because he is cool with the girls and all, but because he is a heterosexual male.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ November 20, 2003 01:39 PM: Message edited by: dtortot ]</font>

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heheh...it's amazing how gullible we people are.
    All for the better I say. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah! i'm with Jackrum, screw homophobes!, i'm catholic too and i hate the way the church treats the whole thing, they are so intolerant! my country is full with complete square-mind people so it's very hard to change their point of view, if you support the gay community they go like: "she's a lesbian for sure" and they start bothering you, eventhough the "machos" are slowly dissapearing, the people (not everyone but most of them) just looks at the gay people like a "problem they must fix or else exterminate", i really can't understand why people won't just let everyone be like they want to! before judging someone by their beliefs or their appearance or their sexual preferences they should first see their own defects and try to fix them and, by the time they are done with that, they will be so old and decrepit that they won't do a thing about it, so i suggest they buy themselves a productive and usefull life and stop fuckin' other peoples life!
    (*sigh*anger fading...) now i'm done with my opinion (^^).

  8. #38
    Inactive Member goddessneptune's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay for living in Canada where gay marriage is legal! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I believe in the screw homophobes policy. I have so many gay friends cause I was in drama this summer and more than half of them were gay or sitting on the fence. Most of my gay friends are average looking, but there are also lots of hot gay males around. ^_^

    I am convinced that one of my my male friends is not all strait (he's either gay or sitting on the fence). I don't want to bring stereotypes into it, but he can sew, cook, quilt, bake and calls himself pretty, and he IS. He just hides under the facade of being strait. I mean maybe he is, but I think he's just trying to hid his true self because since a young age he's been teased for being gay.

    Another random note, one of my gay male friends took a camera to a party and started filming people at a party where all the other males were gay except for two. He filmed two guys frenching for about two minutes. I was about ready to get a noosebleed. ^__^ The kiss was so hot! I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it!

    Having gay friends is so much fun though, last time I was on MSN one of my friend's names was "Spontaneous Homosexual Combustion". lol I love it!

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Yuri21's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me, there is perfectly nothing wrong with being homosexual. I just don't see what's wrong with 2 men loving each other. After all, how can true love be wrong? ><;;

    And all those people who hate same-sex couple should go and burn in hell. Anyway, I think people should stop concentrating on hating homosexuals/lesbians and instead, work on issues like terrorism, racism, etc.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Asu'a's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The first time I got in contact with a yaoi-fanfiction I was shocked but fascinated. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    It happened one lovely day when I was searching for Sailor Moon fanfiction and found a site that sounded promising... little did I know [img]wink.gif[/img]
    It wasn't only a hentai story I had found but it had some yaoi elements too!
    I was sitting in front of my pc and thought I was about to have an heart attack, how could they pair up Mamoru and Seiya!!!
    After fighting down my fear someone would come in and see what I was reading I printed it out and all but worshipped it for several days.
    You could say it was my gateway drug into the world of yaoi, from then on I started spending more and more time searching for yaoi pics and fics on the net!

    Bye the way, does anyone know of another Mamoru/Seiya fanfics?
    I never found another good one after that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •